Join NNSY MWR Fitness & Sports on Wednesday, February 16 for our donuts and deadlift competition. Stop by Callaghan Fitness Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or 4 to 6 p.m. to participate. The male and female weight classes are 135 pounds and under, 136 to 166 pounds, 167 to 197 pounds, 198 to 230 pounds, and 231 pounds and over. Awards to all male and female first place winners in each weight category. Stop by Callaghan Fitness Center to register. Grab yourself some free donuts anytime during the competition.
For more information, please call 757-967-2500.
All MWR physical activities follow the latest HPCON status for practicing safe physical distancing and patron limitations.
Donuts & Deadlifts Competition Rules:
- Lifters get three attempts.
- Powder chalk is not allowed, but liquid chalk may be used.
- Lifting belts are allowed, but not required.
- Conventional deadlifts only (No Sumo).
- Conventional = feet placed shoulder width apart or narrower, and hands grip the bar just outside of knees.
Deadlift Rules of Performance:
- The lifter shall face the front of the platform with the bar horizontally in front of the lifter’s feet, gripped with an optional grip in both hands and lifted until the lifter is standing erect. There is no signal from the Fitness team to start the lift.
- On completion of the lift, the knees shall be locked in a straight position and the shoulders held in an erect position for a two-second hold.
- Any rising of the bar or any deliberate attempt to do so will count as an attempt. Only one attempt is permitted. Once the attempt has begun, no downward movement is allowed until the lifter reaches the erect position with the knees locked. Settling at the shoulders at the end of the lift is not cause for failure.